Canada's wild northern frontier delivers a warm welcome in contrast to its wild and rugged landscape that is so iconic of the country. It’s a combination perfectly designed for a luxury adventure holiday.
Its mixture of native home grown culture with strong French, British and US influences gives Canada a multi-dimensional character unlike no other and in many ways delivers a comfortable and homely feel that always makes you want to stay longer.
With the north of the country reaching into the Arctic Circle, it is an ideal destination for Aurora Borealis hunting and a Canadian Northern Lights Holiday.
Area: 9,984,670 SQ KM
Language: English, French
Currency: Canadian Dollar
Best Time to Visit
Canada has something to offer year round, for a Canadian Northern Lights Holiday it is recommended to visit between September and April
- Marvel at the majestic northern lights in the Yukon
- Mountain Bike under the Northern Lights
- Take a snowmobiling adventure in the Arctic North
- Relax in your own Northern Lights hot tub
- Get away from it all and feel the isolation of the Canadian wilderness
- Catch your dinner through a frozen lake on an Ice fishing trip
Food and Drink
Canadian offers an international pallet of food. When you visit, dishes that shouldn’t be missed include:
- Maple syrup – best served generously over pancakes and ice-cream
- Poutine – chips, topped with a light brown gravy-like sauce and cheese curds
- Butter tart – a type of small pastry tart
- Macaroni and cheese – also called "mac and cheese" or "cheese macaroni". Some still call it a Kraft Dinner
- Salmon jerky – dried smoked salmon
When it comes to drinks, try:
- VO – (“Very Own”) rye whisky
- Cherry cider
- Canadian Pale lager
Where to go and what to do
Interested in Canada?
We create tailor-made Canadian soft adventure and Northern Lights travel itineraries giving you personalised holiday experiences to your exact requirements.
If you are interested in travelling to Canada and would like to speak to one of our personal travel experts simply call +44 (0) 800 566 8901 or leave us a message through our Contact Us page. We can’t wait to help make your next dream holiday a reality.