The vast expanse of pristine forest and crystal clear lakes punctuated by small towns and villages offer guests the perfect base for a Finland Northern Lights holiday or summer getaway.
Summer brings the chance to explore and swim in Finland’s many waterways such as the majestic Lake Paijanne; whilst the winter brings husky dog sledding and reindeer tours and aurora hunting to the Arctic north.
Area: 337,030 SQ KM
Language: Finnish and Swedish
Best Time to Visit
Summer: May to August for a Finland adventure holiday
Winter: December to March for Northern Lights in Finland
- Be amazed by the Finnish Northern Lights from Kilpisjarvi
- Enjoy a local Lappish meal cooked over an open fire in the traditional Kota
- Go ice fishing in the Arctic north
- Conquer the Top of Finland on Halti Fell
- Take part in reindeer herding in Finnish Lapland
- Pick and catch your own meal from and around Lake Paijanne
- Explore the beautiful landscape around Lake Paijanne on horseback
Food and Drink
Traditional Finnish dishes usually revolve around ingredients that have been historically readily available from the country, or that region. A few to try include…
Where to go and what to do
Interested in Finland?
If you are interested in travelling to Finland and would like to speak to one of our personal travel experts simply call +44 (0) 800 566 8901 or leave us a message through our Contact Us page. We can’t wait to help make your next dream holiday a reality.